At least once a month I like to carry out a facial routine on myself, mainly because I think my skin deserves to be looked after correctly. I carry out many facials on my clients all of which include these steps, plus additional more in-depth steps that I cannot conduct on myself.
- Superficial Cleanse – the first ‘cleanse’ is a technique in which removes traces of makeup and dirt from the skin.
- Deep Cleanse – the ‘deep cleanse’ involves massaging the product into the skin, increasing the blood circulation and removing any remainder of ingrained impurities.
- Exfoliate – for those unsure, this is the removal of dead skin cells on the skin’s outermost surface.
- Steam & Extraction – I steam my face for around 10 minutes as this helps to open up the pores ready for extraction. I then carry out the extraction process (blackhead removal)
- Face Mask – then comes mask time and the mask I use depends on how my skin has been. I normally choose a ‘hydrating’, ‘calming’ or ‘rebalancing’ mask.
- Tone & Moisturise – I then use toner over my face with cotton pads, before applying my eye cream & moisturiser.
So there it is, my monthly facial routine – I’ve been contemplating making a little IGTV on this so you get to see each step in action…let me know if this would interest you!
Don’t forget to like this post if you wanna see more of these posts – click that follow button also to get notified every time I post!