Fashion accessories are underappreciated and undervalued, despite their immense power. They have the ability to transform any outfit and can be worn in a number of ways. That old dress sitting in your wardrobe collecting dust for example, why not give it a new lease of life by adding a belt, a gold chain and some gold earrings? With the appropriate accessories, even the most boring clothes can be transformed into something classy, unique, trendy, and fun.
The history of fashion accessories
Accessories have been worn by mankind since the beginning of human history. Here’s a brief overview of the history of the necklace, bracelet and earrings.
Necklaces are said to be around 40,000 years old, and believe it or not, the earliest forms were crafted from materials such as shells and teeth. Bird feathers, carved wood, and stones from all over the world were also used, and are still used today. Bracelets are another type of ancient jewellery, with archaeologists claiming that the earliest bracelet was composed of obsidian, a naturally occurring volcanic glass, and dated back to 7,500 BC in Turkey. In 2,500 BC, Sumerian women began to wear gold hoop earrings, and in 1,500 BC, both men and women wore earrings that were mainly mushroom-shaped studs that stretched the earlobe.
How to accessorize any outfit to perfection
It’s all too simple to keep buying accessories every time you see a new one whilst out shopping, but most of the time they just sit in the box and never see the light of day. Always try to buy only what you know you’ll wear. Try to buy from places like markets and charity shops where you can get some very unique stuff. Follow these simple steps to help you elevate your looks this season.
- Carefully match your jewellery to your outfit: It’s essential to choose the appropriate tone of jewellery for your outfits. If your outfit is loud, tone down the jewellery, and vice versa. A loud outfit with even louder jewellery creates a cluttered and overwhelming look, whereas chunky statement jewellery and bold gemstones combine beautifully with a minimalist outfit. Always match your jewellery to the occasion, taking into account the colours and areas where you want to draw the attention.
- Invest in a pair of colourful sunglasses: The affluent spend hundreds of pounds on a pair of basic sunglasses, and they most likely have many pairs. However, for the majority of people, having only one pair of less expensive alternatives is sufficient. Sunglasses are really trendy right now, particularly ones with bright neon frames, and you can obtain a pair for a reasonable price, allowing you to stock up on a variety of colours for your wardrobe. They’re effortlessly stylish, and with so many colours to select from, you can match them to whichever outfit you desire. Making your outfit stand out.
- Elevate that outfit with a belt: As simple as they appear, belts are one of the best fashion accessories you can own. Simply adding a belt to an outfit can completely transform it’s appearance, and the result can be stunning. You’re sure to find the perfect belt for transforming your looks as they come in a variety of styles, materials, and colours.
- Scarves will always be in season: A versatile accessory that should be in every man and woman’s wardrobe. A simple scarf can be worn over your neck, looped around your wrist, or even wrapped over your handbag handle. They can be found for a very low price in most clothing stores and are one of the best investments you will make
- Keep the bad hair day away with a hat: In the winter, a hat will keep your head warm, and in the summer, keep it cool and protected from the sun. Not only are they practical, but they’re also wonderful accessories because they come in a variety of styles, shapes, and colours. They’re great for adding a touch of quirkiness to any outfit while also concealing any terrible hair days that may come your way.
- Dress up your bag: Is your bag looking a little worn out? Why not add a chain or some buttons to dress it up and bring it back to life? Not only will this revitalise your bag, but it will also keep you from having to buy a new one for a time.
Once you understand how to accessorise effectively, elevating your style is as easy as pie. Keep in mind that even the most boring clothing may be converted into something elegant, original, fashionable, and enjoyable.