If you’ve been following my blog for some time, you’ll know that I am loving Primark at the moment, everything I’ve tried I’ve loved. So I’m pretty sure everybody knows this but Primark bought a foundation out about 2 years ago that is supposed to be a dupe for the Estee Lauder Doublewear. I use Estee Lauder foundation nearly every day and it isn’t cheap so I know I’m very late on the bandwagon with this one but I thought I’d pick a Primark foundation up to test it out!
- The Estee Lauder Doublewear retails at £34.00….I’ve never minded paying this much as I love the product so much but Primark’s version retails at £5.00 which is soooo affordable and if it’s the perfect dupe for Estee Lauder then wow, I’m all for it.
- One downside of the foundation is it doesn’t come with a pump so getting the product out can be a little problematic but the Estee Lauder foundation comes without a pump also so there are no major issues.
- The coverage is very full and the foundation is a little thick, I only use the smallest amount and it covers pretty much any blemish just like the Doublewear.
- When using the Primark foundation with a brush, I noticed it left my face looking streaky, I don’t have this problem when using the doublewear however when using a makeup sponge it went on like a dream and the finish was perfect.
- This foundation is a matte finish which is perfect for my oily skin, but just recently I’ve been struggling with drier skin so I’ve been using a glow setting spray leaving the look a little dewy.
So I personally am loving this foundation and I do agree that it’s the perfect dupe! I will definitely be repurchasing this and saving my doublewear for meals out and events etc.
Let me know your thoughts in the comments!
Instagram — @theaimeeeffect